By Rob Hyndman | 4 October 2021
We have some good news, we are back open for play. Coaching and organised member play can resume, however competition will come at a later date, stay tuned for these details.
In order to re-open in a Covid safe way, there are some restrictions that will need to be followed. These restrictions are as per Tennis Victoria and the Government and are outlined below.
- Singles play for two people can return regardless of vaccination status.
- Doubles play for four people can return for double vaccinated players from no more than two households. Players must carry vaccination proof in case asked for it from an authorised officer.
- Where a player has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable due to medical contraindication to receive a dose or a further dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, they are classified as exempted and count as a fully vaccinated player.
- Players younger than 12 years are treated as fully vaccinated.
- Players must reside within 15km of the club.
- Face coverings must be worn except when on court.
- All players must check in with the Service Victoria QR code displayed.
- The club room and indoor facilities remain closed.
- Booking slots are at this stage for 50 minutes to allow a 10 minute change over time period. These will be on the hour to keep things manageable.
- Players must book in on the whiteboard at the courts for their 50 minute slot allowing for a 10 minute change over. Initially there will be four zones available for booking, Court 1, Court 2&3, Court 4&5 and Court 6.
Please do not attend the courts if you are not well.
At the present moment booking a court is restricted to members only, so please close the gate after you enter the site.
By utilising the facilities you are agreeing to follow these restrictions to ensure we are providing a COVID safe environment for all.
More information will come directly from Advantage Tennis re the start up of lessons and the coaching restrictions that will apply there.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to more easing of restrictions in the future.